Where is the artwork visual?
On a blockchain
Where is it stored?
The artwork visual is hosted on a blockchain: Blockweave.
What exactly is Blockweave?
Blockweave has been created to offer a decentralized solution for asset hosting. You can see more information at arweave.org.
Does it guarantee the availability of the artwork visual?
Even if today there is no way to 100% guarantee a decentralized and persistent media hosting, you can be sure that, with Blockweave, your NFT uses the most advanced technology to offer sustained availability.
Where is the creator name?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The creator name is fully written on the Ethereum blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the creator name?
As long as Ethereum exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Artifex website is offline?
You keep your creation
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- artwork visual
- creator name
- creation name
- other data
Good points 👍
- Artifex chose to put the creator name, the creation name and the other data in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Artifex dies & Ethereum survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Artifex chose to put the artwork visual on Blockweave. This blockchain is a great protocol to keep this data available.
- If Artifex dies & Blockweave survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- The token also include an IPFS hash which let you retrieve the artwork visual.
- Using Blockweave and IPFS to host the artwork visual is a good practice to increase the persistence of the data
Bad points 👎
- It would be appreciated if Artifex would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the creation outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Artwork visual (uploaded media)||Technically too expensive||
smaller score chosen
|Creator name (text)||
|Creation name (text)||
|Other data (text)||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|