Where is the artwork visual?
Where is it stored?
The artwork visual is hosted on several computers via IPFS protocol.
What exactly is IPFS?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files or assets. This is not a blockchain. You can see more information here.
Does it guarantee the availability of the artwork visual?
No. To be sure about the persistence of the data, you need someone to "pin" your data on IPFS nodes. In most cases, the NFT platform does it for you.
What if Cybertime website is offline?
You keep your artwork
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- artwork name
- artwork visual
- other metadata
Good points 👍
- Cybertime chose to put the artwork name, the artwork visual and the other metadata on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Cybertime dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- The dev team is working on a migration to Blockweave.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Cybertime would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the artwork outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Artwork visual (computed media)||60||50||
|Artwork name (text)||20||15||
|Other metadata (text)||10||5||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|