How is it calculated
Where is the artwork's visual?
Where is it stored?
The artwork's visual is hosted on several computers via IPFS protocol.
What exactly is IPFS?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files or assets. This is not a blockchain. You can see more information here.
Does it guarantee the availability of the artwork's visual?
No. To be sure about the persistence of the data, you need someone to "pin" your data on IPFS nodes. In most cases, the NFT platform does it for you.
Where is the creator's address?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The creator's address is fully written on the Binance Smart Chain blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the creator's address?
As long as Binance Smart Chain exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Enter.art website is offline?
You keep your Artwork
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- artwork's visual
- creator's address
- artwork's name
- other data
Good points 👍
- Enter.art chose to put the creator's address in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Enter.art dies & Binance Smart Chain survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Enter.art chose to put the artwork's visual, the artwork's name and the other data on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Enter.art dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Great to see that Enter.art created a documentation on how we can retrieve our Artwork outside the platform.
- Each artwork page has a link to the token on Bscscan.
- Each artwork page has a link to the IPFS metadata.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Artwork's visual (uploaded media)||Technically too expensive||60||
smaller score chosen
|Creator's address (text)||
|Artwork's name (text)||20||15||
|Other data (text)||10||5||
|A documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets is published.||+10|
Contact OpenGem team
We may have miss something, let's talk about it while sharing a (digital) coffee ☕️