Where are the hashmask attributes?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The hashmask attributes are fully written on the Ethereum blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the hashmask attributes?
As long as Ethereum exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Hashmasks website is offline?
You keep your Hashmask
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- hashmask attributes
- hashmask visual
- other data
To retrieve your asset you need to use your NFT ID on this smart contract: 0x185c8078285a3de3ec9a2c203ad12853f03c462d
Good points 👍
- Hashmasks chose to put the hashmask attributes and the other data in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Hashmasks dies & Ethereum survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Hashmasks chose to put the hashmask visual on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Hashmasks dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Great to see that Hashmasks created a documentation on how we can retrieve our Hashmask outside the platform.
- Hasmasks uses Arweave "IPFS Add" feature to improve persistence for the InterPlanetary File System.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Hashmask attributes (text)||
|Hashmask visual (computed media)||20||15||
|Other data (text)||
|A documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets is published.||+10|