Where is the visual?
Where is it stored?
The visual is hosted on several computers via IPFS protocol.
What exactly is IPFS?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files or assets. This is not a blockchain. You can see more information here.
Does it guarantee the availability of the visual?
No. To be sure about the persistence of the data, you need someone to "pin" your data on IPFS nodes. In most cases, the NFT platform does it for you.
Where is the creator?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The creator is fully written on the tezos blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the creator?
As long as tezos exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Luluxxx website is offline?
You keep your artwork
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- other data
Good points 👍
- Luluxxx chose to put the creator in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Luluxxx dies & tezos survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Luluxxx chose to put the visual, the name and the other data on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Luluxxx dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Luluxxx would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the artwork outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Visual (uploaded media)||Technically too expensive||60||
smaller score chosen
|Other data (text)||10||5||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|