How is it calculated
Where is the kitty's attributes?
Where is it stored?
The kitty's attributes is hosted on a private server owned by Cryptokitties.
Can Cryptokitties alter or delete the kitty's attributes?
Yes, at anytime.
What if Cryptokitties website is offline?
You lose your kitty
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- kitty genes
- other data
Here are the elements you lose
- kitty picture
- kitty's attributes
Good points 👍
- Cryptokitties chose to put the kitty genes and the other data in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Cryptokitties dies & Ethereum survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- The kitty picture and the kitty's attributes are hosted on a server owned by Cryptokitties.
- This data can be altered or deleted by Cryptokitties at any time.
- It would be highly appreciated if Cryptokitties hosted this data on Blockweave or IPFS.
- It would be appreciated if Cryptokitties would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the kitty outside the platform.
- It would be appreciable if CryptoKitties made public the algorithm to generate cats from DNA.
This audit has been performed by a human and the grade is based on the Utility / Entertainment scheme.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Kitty's attributes (text)||60||50||30||5||
|Kitty picture (computed media)||20||15||10||5||
|Kitty genes (text)||
smaller score chosen
|Other data (text)||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|
Was this page helpful ?
Contact OpenGem team
We may have miss something, let's talk about it while sharing a (digital) coffee ☕️