Where are the attributes?
Where is it stored?
The attributes are hosted on several computers via IPFS protocol.
What exactly is IPFS?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files or assets. This is not a blockchain. You can see more information here.
Does it guarantee the availability of the attributes?
No. To be sure about the persistence of the data, you need someone to "pin" your data on IPFS nodes. In most cases, the NFT platform does it for you.
What if Vektorx website is offline?
You keep your VektorX
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- other data
Good points 👍
- Vektorx chose to put the attributes, the visual and the other data on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Vektorx dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Vektorx would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the VektorX outside the platform.
- The smart contract is not locked yet, so data can change at any moment.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Visual (computed media)||20||15||
|Other data (text)||10||5||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|