Where is the card attributes?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The card attributes is fully written on the Ethereum blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the card attributes?
As long as Ethereum exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Sorare website is offline?
You keep your card
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- card attributes
- card visual
- other data
Good points 👍
- Sorare chose to put the card attributes and the other data in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Sorare dies & Ethereum survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Sorare chose to put the card visual on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Sorare dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Sorare would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the card outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Card attributes (text)||
|Card visual (computed media)||20||15||
|Other data (text)||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|