Where are the art's traits?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The art's traits are fully written on the Polygon blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the art's traits?
As long as Polygon exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Artvatars website is offline?
You keep your art
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- art's traits
- art's visual
- other data
Good points 👍
- Artvatars chose to put the art's traits and the other data in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Artvatars dies & Polygon survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Artvatars chose to put the art's visual on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Artvatars dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Artvatars would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the art outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Art's traits (text)||
|Art's visual (computed media)||20||15||
|Other data (text)||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|