Where are the attributes?
Where is it stored?
The attributes are hosted on several computers via IPFS protocol.
What exactly is IPFS?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files or assets. This is not a blockchain. You can see more information here.
Does it guarantee the availability of the attributes?
No. To be sure about the persistence of the data, you need someone to "pin" your data on IPFS nodes. In most cases, the NFT platform does it for you.
What if Roborovski website is offline?
You keep your roborovski
Here are the elements you can retrieve
Good points 👍
- Roborovski chose to put the name in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Roborovski dies & Ethereum survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Roborovski chose to put the attributes and the visual on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Roborovski dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Roborovski would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the roborovski outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Visual (computed media)||20||15||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|