Where is the artwork's visual?
Where is it stored?
The artwork's visual is hosted on several computers via IPFS protocol.
What exactly is IPFS?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files or assets. This is not a blockchain. You can see more information here.
Does it guarantee the availability of the artwork's visual?
No. To be sure about the persistence of the data, you need someone to "pin" your data on IPFS nodes. In most cases, the NFT platform does it for you.
Where is the artwork's creator adress?
On the blockchain
Where is it stored?
The artwork's creator adress is fully written on the Kusama blockchain.
Does it guarantee the availability of the artwork's creator adress?
As long as Kusama exists, you can be sure that all the data and the history of the data are available.
What if Singular website is offline?
You keep your Artwork
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- artwork's visual
- artwork's name
- other data
- artwork's creator adress
Good points 👍
- Singular chose to put the artwork's name and the artwork's creator adress in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Singular dies & Kusama survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Singular chose to put the artwork's visual and the other data on a distributed & decentralized protocol: IPFS. Even if this is not the best practice to guarantee data availability, this is better than choosing private storage.
- If Singular dies & IPFS survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- For the RMRK v2, attributes could be directly written on the blockchain.
Bad points 👎
- The data hosted on IPFS needs to be "pinned" to be available. If not, it can disappear at any time. We recommend using a more robust solution like Blockweave.
- It would be appreciated if Singular would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the Artwork outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Artwork's visual (uploaded media)||Technically too expensive||60||
smaller score chosen
|Artwork's creator adress (text)||
|Artwork's name (text)||
|Other data (text)||10||5||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|