Where is the artwork visual?
On a blockchain
Where is it stored?
The artwork visual is hosted on a blockchain: Blockweave.
What exactly is Blockweave?
Blockweave has been created to offer a decentralized solution for asset hosting. You can see more information at arweave.org.
Does it guarantee the availability of the artwork visual?
Even if today there is no way to 100% guarantee a decentralized and persistent media hosting, you can be sure that, with Blockweave, your NFT uses the most advanced technology to offer sustained availability.
What if Whitelights website is offline?
You keep your artwork
Here are the elements you can retrieve
- artwork visual
- artwork's name
- other metadata
Good points 👍
- Whitelights chose to put the artwork's name and the other metadata in token, on the blockchain. That ensures you own the data at any time.
- If Whitelights dies & Ethereum survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
- Whitelights chose to put the artwork visual on Blockweave. This blockchain is a great protocol to keep this data available.
- If Whitelights dies & Blockweave survives, you will be able to retrieve this data.
Bad points 👎
- It would be appreciated if Whitelights would create documentation (article or video) that explains how users can retrieve the artwork outside the platform.
|Written on-chain||Hosted on Blockweave||Hosted via IPFS||Hosted via CDN||Hosted on a server||Not referenced|
|Artwork visual (computed media)||60||
|Artwork's name (text)||
|Other metadata (text)||
|There is no documentation that explains how users can retrieve the NFT assets.||+0|